Celebrating Failure


I came across this video on Business Insider, and It made me think about how I celebrate failure with my students. In this video, SPANX CEO, Sara Blakely, talks about how she learned about failure at a young age from her father.


How amazing would it be if all our students (and fellow teachers) could learn this important lesson?
This video makes me think about how I can celebrate failures in my classroom. I already have a poster in my room that says "FAIL = First Attempt In Learning," but could I actually high-five a student for a "failure?"
Would it help my students develop a growth mindset and learn to take risks?


What are your thoughts? Would you implement a "celebration of failure" atmosphere in your classroom? How do you think you students would respond to it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CUE 2017 National Conference - Day 1

These are a Few of My Favorite (Google Chrome Extension) Things...

CUE 2017 National Convention - Day 2